Friday, October 28, 2005

Libby and Rove

Patrick Fitzgerald has spoken: Lewis Libby Jr. will be indicted, but Karl Rove not. Or not yet. Or not at all... Now I wonder if Judith Miller's eventual testimony contributed to that decision.

In the mean time, I must confess that I hope that the political career and the influence of these two is effectively over. Rove and Libby (as well as some other people) stand for everything that I loathe about US politics these days. It is not so much their particular opinions or agendas (though I find these troubling at best), but their attitudes about how the business of politics is conducted. These guys are truly machiavellian (apologies to Niccolo Machiavelli for associating his name with these people): the end justifies any means, including dirty play, fraud, coercion, empty rhetoric and lots of bullshit.

Mind you, there are lots of Democrats who fit that description as well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home