Monday, January 08, 2007

Australia wins the Ashes again...

I like sports. Not as much as I like other things, such as philosophy, wine, movies or my new study (oh, it is so great to have a room all to yourself!), but I do like sports. I also like a strange sport: cricket. I used to watch the BBC broadcast the test matches of the West Indies against England. I particularly like the disappointed comments of the Brittish commentators when Curtly Ambrose produced another lightening strike that took an English wicket for 0...

In general, I like it when the poms (i.e., English) get beated at anything, but probably nothing more than when they are beaten at cricket -- that most English of all sports.

So you can imagine my joy when Australia (Ozzie-ozzie-ozzie! Oy-oy-oy!) beat the winging Poms fair and squarely in a best of five by winning all five test matches within three to four days. And Shane Warne, Wunderkind par excellence, most talented of all slow bowlers I have seen, with a life style that fits the glossies very well, took most wickets before retiring from the game. With more than 700 (SEVEN HUNDRED) test wikets to his name... Oh what a joy.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzLt6b4cwoo

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home